I’ve heard “Triathlon is Sexy” numerousÂ times. I don’t remember the source, but there seems to be some pervasive impression that swimming, biking, and running has sex appeal. Of course, there are some sexy triathletes I could mention, but triathlon, as a sport, sexy? I think not. Here’s why:
1. Chlorine. Nothing sexy about smelling like a swimming pool all day after your 5am swim.
2. Goggle eyes. Yes,Â indentationsÂ under your eyes, totally attractive.
3. Biker tan.
4. Road rash.
5. Chafing. Never met anyone who thought that was a turn-on.
6. The ability to pee while swimming, biking, and running. That’s one skill you might want to leave off yourÂ eHarmony resume.
7. Shoes that reek. Because bikers don’t wear socks. And because #6.